In another financial reform carried by the center government more than 11 Lakh PAN were deactivated for duplicity and identification issues that could be the cause of further investigation. Also the government has given online checkup if whether your PAN was on the shortlist for deactivation.
Minister of State for Finance Santosh Kumar Gangwar informed to the Rajya Sabha in written reply said, “As on July 27, 11,44,211 PANs have been identified and deleted or de-activated in cases where multiple PANs were found allotted to one person,”. PAN (Permanent Account Number) is one of the prime identifier for tax allotment in large democratic country of one billion people India.
1,566 PANs were the number that were allocated as fake ones, with lot of investigation was carried on the undisclosed money that were attached to specific PANs that lead to seizure of Rs 900 crores and undisclosed income of around Rs 8000 crores respectively. 18 Lakh Persons whose cash transactions were subject to different to their tax statement were approached with SMS/Email to make appropriate changes.
Junior Finance Minister Gangwar also added, “Advance data analytics tools were deployed which further identified 5.56 lakhs new cases and about 1 lakh those cases in which either partial or no response was received in the earlier phase. Besides, about 200 high risk clusters of persons were identified for appropriate action,”
How to verify your PAN?
- Just go to this website http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and further Know Your PAN which is available on the navigation under the Service Section of the government website.
- Enter the details on the shown form page Surname, Middle name, First Name, Status, Gender, Date of birth and Mobile Number whichever is applicable in certain cases.
- Then as soon as you fill up OTP will be followed up in your registered mobile that one must add in the next screen for validating and results are shown on the screen simultaneously.
- If there are more than one PAN card with similar records than following message will appear. “There are multiple records for this query. Provide additional information.”
- Asking for more information such as Father Name
6.Your PAN Card status will be shown with ACTIVE or Non-Active status under the Remarks Column.